Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday Thirteen: Edition # 35



My Favorite things..start with "C's"


Cherry Coke - I was introduced to this drink when my niece Trish came down here to live with us (to attend college here). I remember thinking how weird it is that coke is now adding other flavors to blend in for different tastes. The sound of "Cherry" in the coke or the "Vanilla" coke didn't sound great to me. But one sip from
the can, and I was in love LOL! I don't know what it is about the Cherry Coke, but everywhere I go - I'm always looking for it from the soda machines or inside the grocery store in the mini cold fridges. I buy at lease one 2-liter bottle of Cherry Coke when I go grocery shopping now. Can't live without it. Sprite and Cherry coke are now my favorite drink...along among other drinks too *grin*.

cell phone - My life can not be without cell phone. I need it everywhere I go. To keep in contact and in touch with my family, mostly who are either living close by or living far away (even when at one point, I don't want to deal with some members hehe) And to also be available for a friends that need my help. I'm always there for them. I think it life saver for me. :)

Candies - Everyone love candies, right? My favorite are the Junior Mints, chocolate Raisin, Mike Ikes, Peppermint Barks..etc

Camera - I own a Kodak Camera. I can't live without it. I love to take pictures. I've been taken pictures of mostly my family and friends who are in my daily life. I would do scrapbooks on them, and hope to pass it to them someday. And then maybe they can pass it to the next generation to come :)

Cindy Gerard (author) - One of my favorite author. She write a series books about a group of bodyguard call "Bullet Catcher". A very interesting romantic suspense, and intense emotional relationship with action. Each members get their own story told and find love...or love find them :)

Catherine Mann (author) - Another favorite author. She write about group of military men called "Wingmen". If you like Suzanne Brockmann work, than you will like Catherine Mann too :) Lot of actions, intense, emotional and humors.

"Can't Buy Me Love" - A classic favorite movie I use to watched repeatedly when I was kid. I like that the story revolved around of wanting to belong. And be popular. But once you get it, it not great as you thought it'll be. I had crush on Patrick Dempsey, but who ever thought he'll grown up to be good looking..."Grey's Anatomy" TV show series prove that ;)

"Cold As Ice" - This is the 2nd installment to "ICE" series. The heroes in these series are usually alpha dark, bad boy. But they are not always what people seem to think they are to be. I love these series!

Cards - I love to get greeting cards. It always nice to received them from people who mean something special to me. I've been collection cards that I got from friends over the years during holidays. Once I collected them, they are tied in ribbon together to reminded myself how lucky I am to have them in my life. But sometime I use the cards and cut the art pictures on the front of the card and turn it into bookmarks or tags. Very fun!

"Chesapeake Bay" Sega - Nora Roberts wrote these Sega. It about three adopted brother coming home to take care of young Seth, after their adopted father died. They couldn't help but notice that Seth looked so much like their adopted father. And start to wonder if he is their father biological son. each brothers get their own story and than the 4th installment is Seth story.

Creating Keepsakes Magazine - Some of you know am Scrapbook addicted. I've subscription for this magazine. It help me to get some ideas for layout, journals, picture and accessory. Have been with them for....4yrs running :)

Coffee - I drink them in morning but only 1 mug. It my friend in the morning when I need some kick and wake up. Sometime I go Starbucks and get me some of those mocha drink...yummy

Cheese Burgers - Yep I said it. Either get it at McDonald, Ruby Tuesday, TGI Friday or Apple Bee. But I love the pasta done at Ruby Tuesday and Apple Bee...Yum!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!


(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

13 comments:

Melody said...

Great list! I wish we have Cherry Coke here... but we do have Vanilla Coke which I think it's ok. I too think cell phones are important; and cameras are great for capturing all the memorable moments.

Scrapbooking sounds fun, although I don't do them.

Happy TT!

Robin said...

Mmmm... junior mints and cheeseburgers! Not necessarily together though LOL.

Darla said...

I love this, Julia! One of these days, I'm going to steal your idea, I swear. :)

Nice idea to make bookmarks out of greeting cards. I'll have to remember that.

Denise Patrick said...

You nearly lost me at #1. Not only do I not like Coke, but to think that they added Cherry flavoring to it makes me shudder. But, I have friends that love it, so there must be something to it - I'll take your word for it.

I can't live without my cell phone and camera, true, but I'd truly be lost without my COMPUTER!

Happy TT!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Psst, Julia. You forgot chocolate!

:D

I'm scrapbook addicted, too. Still working on the Yellowstone trip, and then it'll be back to family pictures. I'm not sure if I'm excited about that or not...

Julia said...

Melody - I didn't like the Vanilla Coke. I don't think the flavor mixed too well imo. You could do scrapbook on your daughter. Surely your husband take plenty of pics of her, right? *grin*. And scrapbooks doesn't have to be fancy either hehe.

Robin - no, not necessarily mixed together LOL...but I love them both :)

Darla - thanks for your comment. I will be interested to see what you come up, when you decided to do these alphabet letters. You always come up with brilliant stuff :)

Denise - *chuckle* sorry that I lost you...hehe. I love only the Cherry flavor to the coke, but nothing else. It refreshing. Although the Cherry in the Pepsi is okay but I don't drink it.

Susan - You right, how can I forget chocolate! I love them! I never knew you were scrapbook addicted...I would love to see it when you are done with the Yellowstone trip pictures :)

Thanks everyone for stopping by. I hope you visit me again. Have a good day!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Aww, man, Julia! Trevor wanted to drop in himself and thank you for wanting him. He'd even show you how nice it is to be wanted...

But he can't sign in; he doesn't have a Google account.

Sarah in Disturbia said...

cell phone, computer, cheese burgers, coffee . .. I'm with you.

Kim L said...

Good answers. I love scrapbooking too. Fun, relaxing, and it makes you feel so productive. Plus, stickers are so cute.

pussreboots said...

Coffee, camera and computer... I'm right there with you. If you like sending and receiving cards, I highly recommend joining postcrossing.com. You can send out 5 postcards at a time and in return you'll get postcards from around the world.

Nicholas said...

Can't Buy Me Love was also the name of one of my favourite Beatles songs!

I love cheeseburgers too, especially with bacon as well.

Alice said...

That's a neat list, Julia! I love my camera too and can't imagine life without one. And books, of course (but they don't start with 'C'). Haha.

I must really get on with the Chesapeake saga one of these days...

Julia said...

Susan - Are you sure Trevor couldn't get here, or did you deny him of coming here LOL

Sarah - so glad you agree with me. I couldn't live without it :)

Kim - maybe we can share some scrapbooks tips and ideas heheh

Pussreboots - Oh wow, thanks for the link. It was fun there. Never seen this website before...this should be fun

Nicholas - Oh I love Beatles "Can't Buy Me Love" too. Listen to it so often it drive family nuts.

Alice - I know you're camera addicted hehehe, yes please hurry and read Nora's Chesapeak saga soon!

Sorry for the late response, gang! Thanks for the comments and visiting me. I hope you come back here again soon!