Friday, November 14, 2008
Book Tag: Seven Random Book Facts
The rules are:
Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
Share seven random and/or weird book facts about yourself.
Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Alice from Hello, My Name Is Alice has tagged me.
Okay - I'm going to try to list 7 book facts about me, that I've never told before. More often, I've been repeating the same old things all the times. And am sure some of you already know. I have already share with you that:
- I've always been a reader since I was kid.
- My memory of the favorite books as kid was Harold and Purple Crayon.
- I was once rescue by fireman from fire in building, after being too caught up in my reading a book.
- I love reading series book.
- The school book fair, started my growing books buying and reading habit.
So, beside all the things from above (you've heard this often enough, right?), here are 7 Book Fact About Me (see below)
1. I don't read series book out of order. It drive me bananas if I do. I start with the first book and then go from there. If I brought a book and then realize later that it's part of an on going series, I don't read it until I get book #1 and read that one first, until I work up to get to *that* book.
2. When I chose to read Hardcover, I take off the cover arts flap from the book and then put the cover art in between the books that *IT* supposedly be sitting on my bookshelves by the publishing date it released. This way I don't get confuse where the book is supposed to be on my bookshelves and the book cover art don't get dirty or bend, while am reading the book.
3. I do not let people borrow my favorite books. BUT if they can be trusted, then I will allowed them borrow it. More often when I do let them borrow it, I give them the "Threaten Death" rules LOL! Thing like "If you return the books in bad condition, then your life is going to be put to death" LOL -- just kidding! If I trusted them enough, I know they won't do any harm to it. I do however, feel guilty when I don't lend people the books. So instead of lending them my books, I do offer to buy a copy for them from my used bookstores.
4. When walking in the bookstores, the first things I do is stop, breath in the smell of the bookstore fragrance. The smell of the coffee and books make me excited. I then walk to the bookshelves and *hugs* the books. This drive my niece Trish crazy LOL
5. Before I buy books, I would make sure the book that I have picked are in good condition(the cover, the top/bottom and side pages). If I see a tad bit of tear on the cover/pages of the paperback, I put that book back on the shelf and keep looking through all the books until I find the perfect one. You should see me at the book section of Walmart one times, I be standing there and I see Nora's THE HOLLOW book. There be 5 of THE HOLLOW books and I go through all 5 until I find the perfect condition book. I did same with Judith James's BROKEN WING too. I'm anal about that LOL! And get strange look from people standing next to me *grin*
6. I read Ann of Green Gables, in middle school for my class assignment. And got an A's on the book report. I loves the book so much that I read the rest of the series.
7. During the rest of my middle school days, I used to check out books and sit in the school library to read it while on a recess break.
The following people are tagged:
- Darla from Nichtszusagen
- Susan from West of Mars
- Marg from Reading Adventures
- Cmate from Mini Bites
- Kat from Strangely Out of Place
- Rae from Rae's Place
- And YOU! If you like to participate, just let me know and link me to your site :)