Friday, February 13, 2009

Positive I.D. (The Body Hunters)
by Kathleen Long



Kathleen Long's website
Publisher: Harlequin
Pub. Date: April 2008
ISBN-13: 9780373693214
224pp
Series: Intrigue, #1054






Blurbs from book

It had been years since he'd "died" leaving behind the woman he's loved thanks to a criminal with a vendetta.

But when he learned his very own daughter had gone missing, agent Will Connor instructed his covert team, the Body Hunters, to stop at nothing to find the girl -- and it forced him to reunite with his "widow", Maggie. Although Maggie's anger was evident, so was the passion that had always existed between them. With the clock ticking, finding their daughter was top priority, but rekindling what he's once shared with Maggie was critical to their future. Suddenly "til death do us part" had a whole new meaning for nothing else would tear him away from his family a second time around.

End of blurb from book

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I normally don't read lot of Harlequin Intrigue or seek to find them unless they are from my favorite authors, but when I need to find a book that is easy and short read - so that I can get more books in the list for this February book read. The Heart of Brody McQuade(the book I previously posted a review, beneath this post) and Positive I.D. are the two books I chosen to read for the first two books read this month.

I love how Maggie didn't forgive Will so easily when he reunite with her, when she was to believe he was "dead". Her reaction was emotional and right to the point. I felt her anger, sadness and then relief all at same time. You can tell that their passion and love for one another have never changed. I also love that he would do what ti take to find his daughter Jordan and get her back home safe. I also like Jordan, who was strong, even though she was scared while she was kidnapped. She may have been naive at the beginning but she learned the hard way when she was fighting for her life to survived. Then you have the gang "the Body Hunters" who were set on their mission to get Jordan home. Love how they work together and become knit family.

Positive I.D is a action pack suspense with characters you love to root for. It's easy to find out who dunnit but it's interesting to discover who it was. You will love the family and the gang of The Body Hunters team as well. Easy pace reading and steamy romance. It is short story but I did enjoy the book.

Grade 4 stars

1 comment:

Melody said...

I don't read many Harlequin Intrigue but this sounds like a great read, Julia. Glad you enjoyed it too. :)