Monday, March 29, 2010

My Weeks: All About Books
Reviews, Joint-Read, Current, Upcoming

This weekend have been chaos! Lot of things have happen and there was no room for me to breathe. When I was finally able to relax and settle down, I went online to check on my daily routine chores: emails, GRead/blogging/blog hop, Facebook and tweets. Unfortunately, all this was done at my friend's house (I'm having 'puter problem at home). I will try my best to catch up on all these chores by the end of Sunday night...hopefully. Or die trying teehee. So please, don't think that I'm ignoring you, I'm not.

A few of you might remember the post from three weeks ago, where I mention about not able to find the two books I was anxious to get. If you don't, you can read about it here. Well a week later, I finally found it and was happy to add it to my mountain of TBR pile *grin*. I have no idea when I get to these two books, since I've million of other books wanting my attention. I swear I can hear them whisper a conspiracy plan against me everday because I don't read them fast enough. Trust me, it whispering *grin*.

Since that week, I brought more books and add them in my tower of TBR piles. I realized that I've been buying more books in March then I ever did in the last two months! A few of the books I've listed (see below) have been out a few months ago, and I just now brought them. I waited to get it because I either can't remember if I already brought or not. Another reason is because there were other books I want more than the others. And I knew that I will get the other books later. Some books I've listed are the most recent or the latest books out this month. And of course I brought some of these books in different weeks. If you click on the authors name, it'll take you directly to their website where its show the feature books that I brought.

Guilty by Lora Leigh
Delicious by Shayla Black
Sealed with a Ring by Mary Margret Daughtridge
Defeat the Darkness by Alexis Morgan
The Black Sheep and the Princess Donna Kauffman

Then my sweetie nieces, Trish and Heather came down to visit us. They want to treat us out to brunch for my little brother birthday. We ate at Nagoya restaurant and even though there isn't a lot of foods there, the foods are great. Afterward nieces and I went to the malls. I got me more books, and Trish was SO SWEET to pay for them. It a belated Xmas presents for me. See why I LOVE her :) The following books are what I got. Click authors name and it'll direct you to their site and books.

Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas (re-issued MM paperback)
Slow Heat by Jill Shalvis
Smart and Sexy by Jill Shalvis (re-issue MM paperback)
Set the Dark On Fire by Jill Sorenson
Hot As Sin by Bella Andre
Feel the Heat by Cindy Gerard
Second Chance by Christy Reece

I'm currently joint reading Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas with my two non-blogger friends, Annie and Linda. I'm also reading Lone Rider by Lauren Bach, by myself. And starting Monday (which is today), I'll be join re-reading Defiant Hero by Suzanne Brockmann with my friend Alice, who is reading the book for the first time. Just like The Unsung Hero, I've read this book about almost three times (maybe my fourth time now *shrug*).

I've already done one of my long wait pending review The Unsung Hero and if you like to read my babbling review of the book, then just scroll down to the next post. I still need to do two more pending reviews for Skin Game by Ava Gray (almost done drafting it) and Fade to Black by Leslie Parrish (have not start drafting). I enjoyed reading both, whose also my new to me authors! After the two reviews then I'm done with the old reviews. But unfortunately, later I will have to deal with doing pending reviews for March books - eh. I think there are 5 books I've read in March -- GOODNESS, I just realized that is my longest books read then the last two months. In the last two months I only managed to read less then three books each months. I'm happy! Wish me luck with the March reviews, which I will post soon! :)

If you have stay here this long, congrats. Go shake your butt and you may now get back to your normal program ;) Happy Reading everyone! :)

4 comments:

Melody said...

Yay about your latest acquisitions! Buying books always make us happy, eh? :D

Happy reading, and I can't wait to read those reviews, hehe.

Julia said...

Thanks, and books does make me very happy! It'll be a long wait when I finally posts the March reviews teehehee. Happy Reading to you :)

Alice said...

Happy reading, Julia!

Julia said...

Thanks Alice! I hope you have happy reading too :)