Thursday, December 21, 2006

Holiday Reading

Booking Through Thursday


1- Any favorite holiday books or stories that you like to read and reread this time of year? And if so, why? What makes it so special to you? Favorites from your childhood? (This is a perfectly good time of year for picture books--it's like watching the Charlie Brown Christmas special. Adults can "do" cartoons in December.)

- I can't remember my mom ever reading Christmas stories to me when I was little. So I can't answer that part. But I'm sure I have heard stories every now and then in elementary school but just can't remember the titles of the books.

However for the past few years, I been reading some short Christmas anthology stories and I re-read them every years.


2- (Psst. You can talk about favorite movies or TV specials, too, if you want, even though they're not about reading. You know, just this once.)

- A few of my favorite movie are:

Miracle on 13 Street
Chevy Chase movie "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"
It's a Wonderful Life
Jingle All the Way
Santa Clause I, II ( with Tim Allen)
Charlie Brown Christmas
Scrooge movies ( any classic and new one)



And of course the original tradition of the animation Christmas, such as "Santa is Coming to Town", "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer", "Frosty the Snowman"...etc.


I'm sure there are lot more movies that I'm forgetting. But if someone mention it here in the comments, then I might remebmer that too *grin*

No comments: