Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: Edition # 19



New Movies in My Netflix Queue


I love movies and Netflix! I'm always late to watch new movies. I don't watch the new one when it first released out in theatre...unless friends or family raves about it. I depend on my Netflix to watch it. I like to be able to sit and watch the movies without interruption, freeze the movie to take a break, no noises and be on my own. Sometime, I would watch romance/ romance comedy movies with friends or Disney movies with family. The following list are movies that are either released in 2006 or 2007. But they're new to me, since I never watch it...any recommendation of which movies I should watch first?


1. Deja Vu - Thrillers (Denzel Washington, Val Kilmer)
2. Notes on a Scandal - Drama (Cate Blanchett, Bill Nighy)
3. Because I say So - Comedy (Diane Keaton, Mandy Moore, Piper Perabo, Lauren Graham)
4. Catch and Release - Drama (Jennifer Garner, Timothy Olyphant)
5. Music and Lyrics - Comedy (Hugh Grant, Drew Barrymore)
6. Freedom to Write - Drama (Hilary Swank, Imelda Staunton)
7. Premonition - Thrillers (Sandra Bullock, Julian McCahon)
8. 300 - Action Adventure (Lena Headey, Gerard Butler)
9. The Number 23 - Thriller (Jim Carey, Virginia Madsen)
10. Night at the Museum - Kids and Family (Ben Stiller, Ricky Gervais)
11. Blood and Chocolate - Paranormal Drama (Agnes Bruckner, Hugh Dancy)
12. The Queen - Drama (Helen Mirren, James Cromwell)
13. Wild Hogs - comedy (John Travolta, Tim Allen, Martin Lawrence, William H.Macy)

Which of the movies have you seen or would recommend me to watch first? Why?


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

1. KJhand: Coed Softball Experience
2. Darla: Pounds Can't Seem to Lose
3. Cee Cee: Booking Through Thursday
4. Alyson: Booking Through Thursday
5. Stacy: Booking Through Thursday
6. Christine: TV Show Consider Watching
7. Susan: Mitchell Earring Aftermath
8. Christine: Favorite Things About Disneyland
9. Drew: Things That Scare Crap Out of Me
10. Melody: Booking Through Thursday
11. Alice: Booking Through Thursday



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Oddly enough, I've not seen any of those either! If it were me, I'd start with #3--but only because the previews looked good.

Happy TT!

My list is up at: http://kristinjhand.com

Darla said...

Dagny was raving about Music & Lyrics--and we bought her the DVD for her birthday, so I presume we'll be watching it when she visits.

You already know that I've seen 300, Night at the Museum, and Wild Hogs. They were all pretty good, though completely different. I'd recommend them all.

The others I haven't even heard of. :(

CeeCee said...

Hi, I'm visiting from BTT. Given the school-themed question this week, go with Freedom Writers. It was really good.

Nexflix is that good? Maybe I should give them a try.

alethe16 said...

Hi, I'm visiting from BTT too.

I really enjoyed Night at the Museum; it's a kids' movie but my older brother and I (both in our 20s) both really enjoyed it.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Great T13! I have posted twice this week about Netflix and movies. We just started a trial membership and have received and watched our first two movies - both of which are on your list. We liked Deja Vu and didn't like Catch and Release. We've seen a couple of others on your list, and have several others in our queue. :)

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

I LOVED 300! Oh don't even get me started on all that fab eye candy *drool*. The Queen was excellent as well. It really gave me a good perspecive on what the royals go through. I've been told Music and Lyrics if very funny, but I haven't seen it yet.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

We FINALLY joined Netflix. I have some of those in our queue, too, so I don't know many of them. But #2 loved Night at the Museum!

Unknown said...

Great list of movies, Julia.

Night at the Museum is our favorite.
I'd like to see #1. I love Denzel Washington.

Happy Thursday13!

Julia said...

Kirstin - I heard it was fun movie..I'm always looking forward to a romance comedies ;)

Darla - what buy Music and Lyrics and not even watch it...until Dagny get there? But why? *grin* yes I saw your reviews on 300, Night at the Museum, and Wild Hogs. I'm always looking forward to more of your movie reviews :)

Cee Cee - Thanks for your input. Yes Netflix is worth it imo. I love it. I did do a "Why I Love Netflix" on my past Thursday Thirteen post in my blog..if you like, you can browse around for it. It somewhere in my blog ;)

Alyson - I love kids/family movies too..so I weren't mind watching that movie :)

Stacy - I have been a member of Netflix for...probably a year now and I love it. Deja Vu look like a good thrillers movie :)

Christine - So I heard, that you love 300. One of the reason why I add it to my Netflix queue. I'm getting excited because I love Gerard Butler! *grin*

Susan - YAY, you joined Netflix. I think you're going to love the services. I joined for a year now...or maybe 2...?

Thanks everyone for your input. By the end of the day or when TTs is over for this week, I will let you know which movies I decided to watch and how well I like them :) Thanks for stopping by, Happy TTs to you :)

Julia said...

OOps! Didn't see ya Christine, sorry. Thanks for your input, I like Denzel Washington too :) So far 4 people like Night at the Museum...Thanks for stopping by :)

Drew said...

Freedom Writers is very good. I liked Deja Vu as well. Night at the Museum was funny. My kids enjoyed that one. The Queen was watchable. Because I Said So, Catch and Release, and Music and Lyrics I didn't like at all. Those were my wife's picks.

Melody said...

Hi Julia! Great list. I've only watched Night at the Museum. It was hilarious IMO.

Alice said...

I have watched...

Music and Lyrics
Night at the Museum

And, my family said that Wild Hogs was hilarious.

You can go visit Apple Movie Trailers to see if anything catches your fancy first... LOL.

Kristie (J) said...

This is REALLY scary to admit - but I haven't seen any of them - so I'm totally useless for rec's :-(

Julia said...

Drew - Thanks for your opinion. It is always fun to watch movies with kids. How did your wife like the movies she pick?

Hi Melody *waving* thanks for your input. So far many people like Night at the Museum. I hope you are feeling better :)

Alice *waving* - Thanks for your input. I know before hand what the movies are about. It just I want to know if I should bring it up a little to the top on my Netflix queue :) I'm going to save that links and browse around that site. Thanks!

Kristie - LOL it okay to admit it *grin*. I hope though, that you could share movies that you did see and would like to recommend to me?

Thanks again for stopping by everyone. I wish you a good day, Happy TTs! :)

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Cool list of movies! My humans haven't watched any of those (they don't see many English-language movies since moving to Germany) so can't recommend any.

Kristie (J) said...

My numero uno movie of the moment is The Outsider. It stars Tim Daley *deep dreamy sigh* and is based on the book by Penelope Williamson. It's playing on Showtime but I don't get that station here and I needed to be able to watch it whenever I want. So far I'm up to 6 viewing times and I'm always ready for the next time. Also - Last of the Mohicans - and oldie but a goodie and the third movie of the moment that comes to mind is Something New.

Suey said...

Deja Vu was great! We also enjoyed Freedom Writers, Night at the Museum and Music and Lyrics. The Queen was good, but not what we expected really.

Have fun watching movies!

Julia said...

Dragonheart - In Germany, do they have english movie subtitles in german for you to watch?

Kristie - I have never seen the outsider or even Last of the Mohicans, and both I have seen were a good movie stated by fan watcher :) I see if I can get this from netflix, thanks! I have seen "Something New" and like it. I watch it with my niece and we both enjoy it :)

Suey - I'm looking forward to Deja Vu, since I saw the trailer on it. Thanks for your vote for movies :)

Thanks agains for visiting my blog :)

Cmate said...

Watch Deja Bu, then Catch & Release, then Number 23, Night at the Museum is a good comedy for a good laugh, then Wild Hogs for more laughter.. Hehe!

I am a film critic, so i love to talk about films. :)

Julia said...

cybermate - Hi again! *grin*, thanks for your input on movies. Maybe you and I should share recommendation movies sometime. Melody can tell you that I love to watch not only TV but movies too! *big grin*

Thanks for stopping by! And please do stop again ;) :)

Nicholas said...

2 and 3 are on my list.

Night at Museum was very disappointing

Julia said...

Hi Nicholas - thanks for your input..please do visit here again :)

ErinPaperbackstash said...

I love netflix too. BUT Ive been a member for three years or more, and have had the same movies for about 6 months since the move! :/