1. In elementary all the grade students used to gather around and sing a Halloween songs. The kids would be dress up in their costumes and there was a contest for the best costumes in competition. I never win but it was sure fun to dress up. And I love to sing(off key of course hehe) :)
2. I dressed up as bride, princess, a baby, barbie and few cartoon characters. That all I remember. I always want to have the original costumes. So when I was a princess at age 13, I took my mother old pink curtain with lining and transformed into a dress. And I made my own stars wind with glitter. I recall dress up as bride, and one of the trick or treater kid said "look mom, someone getting married" hehe.
3. Little brother ran all the way home screaming after a man in fake blood jumped and scared us. It was funny because my little brother ran as if there was fired on his butt and didn't stop until he reach home LOL
4. I also remember when one of our neighbor goes around the neighbor-hood in a truck with a big black smoking pot. She dress herself as witch and told each kids that she is brewing something in there. And that if we reach inside the pot there are surprises. I remember getting freak out about it, thinking something scary going to jump out of that pot. eventually it turn there was some candies in the pot. She allowed us to grab a handful of them and put it in our bags.
5. I went to my first fun fair Halloween Haunted House a very long time ago, when I was 18 year old. What I remember about it is that during one of my episodes embarrassment moment, was when I was having fun and laughing so hard that I sorta "slap" a man butt. I didn't realize that I did that until we got home and my cousin point that out to me. I remember my cheeks turn three different shade of red after I realized that I actually did do it. I'm only glad that I wasn't around him when I realized it LOL! I tell ya, it was pure innocence and accident LOL!
6. Carved our very first three pumpkins the same year. One was ghost, the other two was faces each with different expression. We placed it at our front door of the house with glow of the burning candles light. I have pictures but I would have to go through file to find it
7. I remember how there use to be lot of trick or treater kids knocking and ringing our door around my neighbor. Now these days, there aren't lot of kids trick or treating much anymore. Our door would only rung 5 times. It truly sad. But I can understand how parents are now real careful with their kids.
8. Candies now these days were different back than. And even some were unusual goodies in the bag. I remember one neighbor would thrown in every years, some McDonald gift certs or a gift certs to some places. Those were the fun goody to get in my bag. Always looked forward to those. Than there were another who would thrown in some dollars' coins. And another would thrown in some small gift items. Like fingernail polish LOL. And my best friend's mom (who live next door) would make those Caramel apple candy for the kids. It always fun to see what in my goodies bag ;)
9. Favorite candies: Smarties, sugar stinx candy, peppermint candy, nerds candy, sucker/lollipop, Caramel popcorn, anything chocolate..etc.
10. Halloween books: I read most of the books that I consider "Halloween" theme by Nora Roberts a lot. There were few other authors, like Christine Feehan and Katie MacAlster, that I read on Halloween night. I'm always looking for more Halloween themes, so any recommend by you would be appreciated. It could be comedy with humors, romance with paranormal or contemporary romance.
11. Halloween movies: I used to see lot of scary movies when I was younger. Like "Nightmare on Elm Street", "Friday the 13", "April Fool", "Halloween", "Charlie Brown Halloween special", "Beetlejuice", "Rosemary's baby", "The Bird"..etc.
12. The best costumes that I've seen through out my whole life of school years, was the one with a guy who dress himself like a Woman. And WOW he was the most beautiful woman too *grin* Dress really pretty and all. He was the most talked about in the school. I think he won a prizes for that. But he continue to dress up in woman every years. But in different outfit. Also, there was one with a very unusual costume: A woman dress herself as a beat up pregnant woman. It looked real too when she applied the make-up to looked like real bruises. Some thought she really gotten beat up too. Than there was a Zombie Beauty Queen: hair messy and sticking out and there is an ax on her head with a fake blood dripping down on her face. And she worn a ribbon across her shoulder and chest that read "Beauty Queen" and there a slash to the word and underneath it said Zombie ...lol.
13. But the bestest memories of all, is that I spent the Halloween with my two childhood best friends. We had a good time of our lives. There never a time we don't sit in front of the TV to watch Halloween movies together. Another best memory is my family try very hard to let me pick my own choice of costumes. They were always trying to make things fun for me :)
What about you, what is your best Halloween memories? Happy Early Halloween to everyone! Trick or treat! :)
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
1. Melody's Booking Through Thursday
2. Jen's Thirteen Halloween Jokes
3. Hootin' Anni's Thirsty' Thirteen
4. Things We Could do with our National Debt
5. Thirteen Things about Juliadamus
6. Darla's Vacation photos
7. Adelle's Favorite Pig Pics
8. Salome's Birth of My First
9. Susan's Thoughts about Fire
10. Puss Reboots' Photos from the Pumpkin Patch
11. Nicholas' That Have Animal Names In Their Titles
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Melody's Booking Through Thursday