Thursday, November 01, 2007

Oh, Horror!




Booking Through Thursday

What with yesterday being Halloween, and all . . . do you read horror? Stories of things that go bump in the night and keep you from sleeping?

I thought about asking you about whether you were participating in NaNoWriMo, but I asked that last year. Although . . . if you want to answer that one, too, please feel free to go ahead and do both, or either, your choice!


- Usually I don't go looking for books that has Halloween themes. I mean in the past I never do or even try. Sometime the book I'm reading end up having some themes that has characters that are Hallow-like. But no, I don't read horror books. Although some books that I did read is suppose to be horror but end up to be tame. However, last year I did read a book that isn't Halloween story but it revolved the story about sisters of witches. Can't remember which authors it came from but it was lighter story and fun one too. But it was a fun book! I'm more likely to read Romance or Romance Suspense, both my favorite genres.

- No, am not participating on the Nano this year. I didn't even participate last year either. Although my friend Melody did (and she did wonderful job at it) and she is doing it again this year. Also my friend Alice is also participating too. Maybe next year I will do it. But I want to wish good luck to my friends and all people who participating this year. :)

Don’t forget to leave a link to your actual response (so people don’t have to go searching for it) in the comments—or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!

8 comments:

Melody said...

Oh, I love horror stories! Although I'm not that keen if it's horror movies with grossy scenes... I'll definitely cover my eyes and ask those people around me what I have missed, LOL.

Wow, thanks for your kind words, Julia! I'm sure you'd have done a good job if you participate too! Hehe.

gautami tripathy said...

Heart of Darkness affected me. It depicts horror by way of a soul going evil.

That is horror for me.

Alice said...

Allo Julia! I don't fancy horror stories and like you, I prefer romance and other genres such as sci-fi or family oriented stories.

I am now trying hard to get a plot for NaNo. For my case, it's just dive in and swim! LOLOL.

Mei said...

I don't read horror either. I get too scared! I prefer romance/romantic suspense too.

heather (errantdreams) said...

I love horror stories, but I prefer psychological horror and don't like the current trend toward gross-out horror.

Literary Feline said...

I do enjoy reading some types of horror novels. Especially the psychological thrillers.

Julia said...

Melody - awww, thanks for trying to encourage me with the writing..but..nah LOL! I don't read lot of horror but with movies..that whole another different things LOL

Gautami- I'm not familiar with Heart of Darkness, who wrote it?

Alice - Goodness, glad to see that you and I are alike sometime hehehe. Good luck on your Nano..and yeah just jump and than dive into it...navy style LOL!

Mei - I get scared too. I mean too easily. But if the horror is more tamed or mild than yeah am okay with that lOL. Great that you and I have likeness in genres :)

Heather - I haven't notice the sudden trend toward horrors writing. But than again, you would know more bout that than I would *grin*.

Literary Feline - I read a few psychological thrillers, but still it scared me senseless :)

Thanks everyone for stopping by. Have a good weekend!

Alice said...

Aha... navy style. LOL!!