Saturday, July 18, 2009

Book shop weekend

First, I want to remind everyone that Sunday will be the last day until Monday 12am midnight to enter the Blogiversary/Birthday contest. You can win a $10 gift card to Barnes and Noble. So you have all day on Sunday to enter. I will announced the winner on Monday evening. If you have not yet enter, click here.

Today, I managed to buy two books at my local Walmart grocery store. Both are new to me author. At first I was having trouble deciding which books to get. Most the one I want are released in hardcover and I have to wait until some are re-released in paperback. Like Linda Howard's Burn for example. But books that are auto buy in hardcover, are already brought-- like Nora Roberts' Black Hill. I'm hoping to go local bookstore at B&N and Border tomorrow (Sunday) to get more books.

This book cover caught my eyes (see left photo) while I was browsing the shelves. I picked it up, read the back cover and than decided to buy it. The bind only said "novel", but I heard somewhere that it's romance suspense. *shrug* I dunno, but I shall see once I read it. The book Outcast by Joan Johnston is the first book to a Benedict Brothers Novel. And I hope it turn out as good as some of her current/past historical and contemporary romance are. If anyone know more about this author, I would love to hear your thought on it :)

Back blurb:
Ben Benedict is tortured by nightmares...

Society bachelor and former army snipes Ben Benedict moves between two worlds- from high-society Washington to the mean city street, from tuxedos Glocks. His powerful Virginia family wants him out of harm's way but Ben stays on the job, determined to make amends for a past that haunts him.

And becomes a ticking time bomb...

Dr. Anna Schuster is fighting demons of her own when she crosses paths with Agent Benedict. The two become adversaries-and lovers-as they search for an AI Qaeda operative bent on revenge.

Ben must fight against time-and his own darkness-to rescue millions of innocents and the woman he loves from a virulent bio weapon in the hands of a dangerous enemy.

I also pick up book # 2, Bending the Rule by Susan Andersen. It is a continue book to the Sisterhood Diaries. I need to grab a copy of book #1 before starting on this one. Again, I never read book by this author before..so I don't know what to expect. But I heard good thing about her other books, The Marine Series. I believe there are 4 installments all together. I only have two of the books but need to get copy of the other two books. Anyone have thought on this author books?

Back blurb:
He could be her fantasy man-if he could just lighten up...

Tall,dark and intense, Detective Jason de Sanges excites all kinds of fantasies in Poppy Calloway. But when she suggests the three teens caught spray-painting a Seattle neighborhood be given art-related community service and he just wants to see them pay-all bets are off.

With the men in his family always in and out of the slammer, Jase was raised in foster care. He knows what it takes to walk the line. And his number one self-imposed rule? Avoid his hunger for sexy, irresistible Poppy, who challenges him on everything. But it's a vow that's getting harder and harder to keep...

Here the order reading of the Sisterhood Diaries books:
1. Cutting Loose
2. Bending the Rules

And lastly, my dear sweet friend, Billie Jo sent me Letters to a Secret Lover by Toni Blake. After I have raves about Toni Blake's latest book One Reckless Summer (I highly recommend anyone to read it!), she told me what a wonderful, delightful and sweet person Toni is. B.J said I must meet her if I ever get an opportunity to someday. She suggest I read more of Toni's books, even the one under her other name Lacey Alexander. Thanks so much B.J. for your generosity to sent me the personal autographed of this book! I'm excited about the book and can't wait to read it. If you could, please thanks Toni Blake for signing it for me :) Bless you both

Back Blurb:
The last thing she need right now is a man...

Lindsey Brooks had it all-- an awesome job doling out advice to the lovelorn, a fabulous high-rise apartment, and a to-die-for-fiance. But then she got dumped--wearing nothing but a "Kiss the Cook" apron-- and desperate to escape, she retreats to a tiny Montana town to reclaim a family treasure. She never dreamed anyone would try to stop her--- or that he's be sexy as sin.

Too Bad she finds such a hot one...

Rob Colter isn't into relationship--- but Lindsey sees Rob as the perfect guy to help her "get back on the horse." The sex horse, that is.Unfortunately, he comes complete with a mysterious past, which gets even more mysterious when she finds his passionate letters to another woman--- whose name happens to be tattooed on his chest.

And too bad he has so many secrets...

Now Rob's dangerous past is about to catch up with them both. And if that's not horrible enough, Lindsey is falling for him--- hard. For a girl who usually has all the answers, Lindsey is up to her neck in trouble.

That all the books I brought for this week. I still have three books to review Thread of Fear by Laura Griffin, Edge of Midnight by Shannon McKenna and Double Play by Jill Shalvis. I well try to post it either tomorrow or sometime this coming week. Sorry for delay.

Remember - if you want to enter the Blogiversary/Birthday contest, click here. It'll take you directly to the contest. Good luck everyone!

3 comments:

Melody said...

Yay! You bought books! LOL.

I've not read anything by those authors so I can't comment, but I look forward to your reviews on them soon, Julia! :)

Alice said...

Enjoy all your new books, Julia!

Like Melody, I haven't any of the books. I look forward to reading your reviews!

Julia said...

I hope to be able to read them and reviews it than. These are new to me authors, so in some way I never would have of those authors if it wasn't for my good friends word of the mouth *grin*

I'm going to B&N tomorrow and hope to find those books that I have listed from my earlier posts to buy. Cross your fingers I got the one I want :)