Saturday, September 04, 2010

50 Challenge Books: August

It has been a slow reading month for me..again. Beside going to work/babysitting, another reason why I'm slow with my reading is because...here I lay the blame on my mom and my friend Melody. Yep, you heard me LOL! They got me addicted to watching the Asian drama movie online. It's where I discover some eye candies like Jerry Yan, Michael Zhang and Wu Chun. But my favorite is Jerry! My mother introduced me to Kwon Sang Woo, in which I saw all of his films too. I know, you probably wondering why an Vietnamese gal like me are watching Taiwan or films that isn't in my languages. How can I understand them? The films online had subtitles or close caption in English sub. I do enjoy all films I've seen so far. We do have couple of films showing on our satellite TV but the movies are like watching American daily drama day time TV show, so each day it an hour run or two. Thanks mom and Melody for the addiction! I love it! Love you guys ;)

So that the reason for my slow reading. But that should be no excuse, right? *grin*. I will try to make up for it this month of September. If anyone remember, I have posted about my computer woes and lost everything I saved into my memory stick. I lost my 50 Books Challenge file, where I listed books (with it grade) that I've read over the first 3 years ago when I first started making this files. So now I've to go by memory and my old previous posts from this blog, to remember what I've read. Below are the two books I've read for August. A total of 25 books read since Jan 2010. This is the lowest total of books to begin with that I've read, compare that with the last 2 years which have ended the totals from 40-50. Wish me luck to make it close to 50 by the end of this year, please :)

24. Hard to Hold by Stephanie Tyler
25. End Game by Dee Davis

I'm going to joint-read Nora Roberts' Savor the Moments with my blog friend Alice. We will be read it chapters to chapters each days. I am also reading EXPOSURE by Dee Davis, all by myself. Up coming, I will post some of the books I brought in the last two weeks. I hope to do this Sunday.

4 comments:

Alice said...

I'm enjoying SAVOR THE MOMENTS! I'm also reading a few books at the moments but all manageable. LOL. Happy reading in September!

Julia said...

@Alice - I'm glad you're enjoying SAVOR THE MOMENT! I'm enjoying it too :) I'm also trying to finish up reading EXPOSURE by Dee Davis and SLOW HEAT by Jill Shalvis. Happy Reading back atcha! :)

Melody said...

LOL. You're most welcome, Julia! :P
I'm glad to get you addicted to those drama serials, hehe. I hope you'll read lots of books in the upcoming months!

Julia said...

@Melody - Thanks! Teehee. I just hope to finish off the drama serials I'm currently watching soon. But the darn video of some episodes won't play - umph! I hope to read lots of books this upcoming months too :)