Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What Been Going On With Me
50 Books Challenge

I'm sorry for not posting enough, and the last time I posted was Christmas 2011. It had been a busy month for me, since January 2012 arrives. With the New Years and birthdays all happened at once, so that was why I delayed in posting. Plus the darn 'Gardens of Time' apps game from Facebook, which my good friend M had got me to play. I hate this game for a good reason, HA! *G* I will try to keep up and post more on my blog whenever I can. I was debating (and have been since last year) of closing this blog down because I fear that my blog isn't getting enough readership. And that it get very hard for me to think of something good to post about. But a very good friend of mine 'pushed' me to keep it running and do my best in my blog as much as I can. She said "practice make perfect". In a sense, that is true. But it is HUGE challenge for me. I'm not the best grammar and speller out there, I will admit. But I don't wish to make my readership feel uncomfortable to be here and I do hope they will stay with me as long as I still have this blog. I still use my blog to keep up with the books I read over the years and to remember what the book are about from the reviews I've done. I also want to see how many books I can read each years too. I always challenge myself to read 50 books. And if I can reach it, then I go further for 100. But no matter how fast or slow I read, I can only managed to read below 50. In 2011 I read a total of 37 books. While that isn't a bad number, it still leave me feeling...unsatisfied because I didn't reach that 50 books goal. This year, I'm going to try my best to reach that 50 books goal! And I know I'm going to need those 'push' from friends and that would be helpful for me.

I have not posted books that I read in December 2011. So here they are. See below. I only read 3 books for December but two out of the three books were very good! Both are my favorite authors. And I hope you would check them out and read their books! I also have not posted all the books I have read for 2011 either. I will post that underneath the "December Books 2011" too. I know I didn't put links to read the book's reviews for each books, but I only have limited time to blog. And it'll take me long time to link them to each books. You are more than welcome to search it around my blog. Most of my reading range from contemporary romance, romance suspense and erotic contemporary romance. A few historical and paranormal (no vamps please *G*!) And these are all books I bought on my own. And if I'm lucky enough to win books from online contests, it make me happy and I be glad to review them :) I have read many good books from my favorite authors in 2011 and I hope to continue to read plenty more books from them in 2012! I also wish everyone happy reading! :)

DECEMBER Books 2011:
35. Head Over Heels by Jill Shalvis – 4 stars
36. Exotic Indulgence by Vivian Arend, Lexxie Couper and Jess Dee – 3.75 stars
37. Holly Lane by Toni Blake – 4.75 stars


50 Books Challenge 2011:
JANUARY
1. Something About You by Julie James – 4 ½ stars
2. Sugar Creek by Toni Blake – 5 stars
3. Cowgirls, Don’t Cry by Lorelei James – 4 ½ stars
4. Whisper Falls by Toni Blake – 5 stars

FEBRUARY
5. Along Came a Husband by Helen Brenna – 4 stars
6. The Sheriff’s Secret Wife by Christyne Butler – 4 stars
- Beguiled by Deeanne Gist J. Mark Bertrand - DNF
7. Body Heat by Brenda Novak – 5 stars
8. The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton – 4.5 stars
9. Deadly Fear by Cynthia Eden – 5 stars

MARCH
10. Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis – 4 stars
11. Deadly Heat by Cynthia Eden - 5 stars
12. A Lot Like Love by Julie James – 4 stars

APRIL
13. Saddled and Spurred by Lorelei James – 4 stars
14. Temperature’s Rising by Karen Kelley – 3.5 stars
15. Everyone Loves a hero by Marie Force - 4 stars
16. Deadly Lies by Cynthia Eden - 4 stars

MAY
17. Nauti Nights by Lora Leigh – 4.5 stars
18. The Search by Nora Roberts – 4 stars

JUNE
19. Burning Alive by Shannon K. Butcher

JULY
NOTHING!

AUGUST
20. Temp Me Tonight by Toni Blake – 4 stars
21. The Trouble With Paradise by Jill Shalvis – 4.5 stars

SEPTEMBER
22. Aussie Rule by Jill Shalvis – 4.5 stars
23. Going All In by Jess Dee (e-book) – 4 stars
24. Call Me Irresistible by SEP – 4.75 stars
25. Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis – 4.75 stars
26. Nauti Dream by Lora Leigh – 4 stars

OCTOBER
27. Animal Attraction by Jill Shalvis – 4 stars
28. Beg for Mercy by Jami Alden – 4 stars
29. Sage Creek by Jill Gregory – 4 stars
30. Don’t Mess With Texas by Christie Graig – 4 stars

NOVEMBER
31. Chasing Eight by Lorelei James 4 stars
32. Addicted to You by Beth Kery – 4 stars
33. Courting Death by Carol Stephenson - 4 stars
34. The Sweetest Things by Jill Shalvis (re-read) – 4 stars

DECEMBER
35. Head Over Heels by Jill Shalvis – 4 stars
36. Exotic Indulgence by Vivian Arend, Lexxie Couper and Jess Dee – 3.75 stars
37. Holly Lane by Toni Blake – 4 stars

2 comments:

Melody said...

Last year has been crappy for me, at least when reading is concerned and yep, you know one reason why! ;P

In fact, I think you've been doing pretty well last year... having read 37 books is great!

Let's hope this year will be a better reading year for us!!

Julia said...

Thanks! And I do hope you and I will do better this year :)