Thursday, May 31, 2007

Paper or Plastic?



Booking Through Thursday


Do you read e-Books?
If so, how? On your computer, or a PDA?
Or are you a paper purist? Why?

- I sometime win an e-books prizes from authors from a email yahoo group list that I joined in. That is the only times I do read them. I use the Adobe PDF format to read e-books. I couldn't afford PDA, although I think it would be wise to get one if I read e-books.

However - I do prefer papers print books. Something about a touch of a paper, it smell and having it near by you, give me the comfort of knowing the books is real. And display it on shelf for keep. :)

What about you? Paper or Plastic?

Don’t forget to leave a link to your actual response (so people don’t have to go searching for it) in the comments—or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!

8 comments:

Kat said...

Just about every blog I've seen prefers actual books. I suppose nothing beats holding it in your hand. I know I can get a reader or something, but it doesn't feel the same. :D

And since I read on the PC... I can't bring it to the john (pardon me for saying that hehe).

Alice said...

Hi Julia, I think we book lovers share the same thoughts. LOL. I totally agree with you... I even thought of quitting my day job so that I could work in a huge bookstore like Kinokuniya. Hmm...

Happy BTT!

Marianne Arkins said...

Yup... paper is my favorite, too, though I occasionally read eBooks.

Mine's up, too!

Darla said...

I wouldn't mind e-books, if I didn't have to sit at the computer to read them. I really must put a little thingy on my Christmas list. :)

meowminx said...

I think most of the answers I have read so far share your sentiment :)

My answer is up here

Julia said...

Kat - LOL about the john comment LOL ! But I always prefer papers, does not mean I'm not open to e-books :)

Alice - We lovers need to be afraid if we have same thoughts LOL...I too would love to own bookstores someday. One of my dream

Marianne - Even though I prefer papers, I'm open to e-books. But if I didn't had to read it in front of the computers, I would have read e-books often. It give me headaches if I read from computer..

Darla - Agree with you what you said, and I too need to buy those thingy as well ;)

Meowminx - Thanks for the comment and posting a note at my "post it note" at my blog ;)

Thanks everyone for visiting my blog. Happy Booking Through Thursday, have good day!

Melody said...

I agree with you, Julia! Nothing beats the feel and smell of the books! Happy BTT!

Literary Feline said...

I too am a paper book person, although I am not adverse to reading e-books now and then.