Thursday, August 09, 2007

Multiples




Booking Through Thursday

Do you have multiple copies of any of your books?
If so, why? Absent-mindedness? You love them that much? First Editions for the shelf, but paperbacks to read?
If not, why not? Not enough space? Not enough money? Too sensible to do something so foolish?

Don’t forget to leave a link to your actual response (so people don’t have to go searching for it) in the comments—or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!


- I use to have lot of multiple copies stacked in my pile, but I soon given it away to those people who want it or need it. I think two year ago, I gave away some of Nora Roberts's copies and Linda Howard's copies to a good friend whose home was hit by Katrina hurricane. She lost most of her books than too. It amaze me what Katrina can do to her own home.....

I know I have double copies of some books, because some are from the winning prizes that I enter from authors' contests. I also have double copies of others because I might have prefer the other book covers over the other one. I even have double copies because I want to keep the covers in good shape for my own collection. Series book does this to me hehe. I normally give away the one that I don't want, to those who want it. So that help bring down the books from my crowded bookshelves. It not half bad as it sound, because there only a few copies now. Since I given away whole lot - I keep one and give the other one ot someone else :)

6 comments:

CeeCee said...

I guess a good reason to keep multiple copies is to give away to someone who has lost their home. For me, I couldn't stand multiple copies. HeHe. Have a great day!

Melody said...

Hey Julia! Bravo to you for giving away the books for someone who need it! I'm so proud of you. :)

Happy belated BTT!

Alice said...

I'm so proud of you, Julia! You're really a good, good and thoughtful friend. Another BIG huggy for you. *HUUUUG*

Julia said...

Hi Cee cee - sometime having multiple copies is good thing, even to those who are collector hehehe...thanks for stopping by

Hi Melody and Alice - thanks for the great feeling compliments. You guy are making me blush :) And thanks for stopping by :)

Kat said...

I've got multiple copies too. Oddly enough, I can't bear to part with them ehehe. My best friend gives me her multiple copies though ehehe.

Julia said...

Kat - so am guessing that your room is very crowded with books of copies? hehe