Thursday, May 01, 2008

Mayday!




Booking Through Thursday

Quick! It’s an emergency! You just got an urgent call about a family emergency and had to rush to the airport with barely time to grab your wallet and your passport. But now, you’re stuck at the airport with nothing to read. What do you do??

And, no, you did NOT have time to grab your bookbag, or the book next to your bed. You were . . . grocery shopping when you got the call and have nothing with you but your wallet and your passport (which you fortuitously brought with you in case they asked for ID in the ethnic food aisle). This is hypothetical, remember….


Hypothetical, if I have only my wallet and passport --- then I will buy a book at the airport and read it then lol. And I'm sure there is a magazine at the airport table too. However I'm the one who always a worry wart when it concern my family getting hurt. So I may not feel like doing anything but get worry sick for them. Then I will try to keep in touch with my family from the airport phone (I normally always have my cell phone with me everywhere I go, but hypothetical if I only have my wallet and passport...) and talk with them (to help calm me down) and then get some updates on the one who is hurt until I'm sure that he/she is okay. I'm sure there will be some books at the hospital for me to read (the a store where they sell gifts), once I get there. So there always a way for me to get my hand on a book, no matter where I am *G*. But my family come first before my books (gasp! shocking I know *G*).

What about you....what would you do?

Don’t forget to leave a link to your actual response (so people don’t have to go searching for it) in the comments—or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Yes, I understand perfectly about being too worried to read.

Literary Feline said...

I might be too worried to read too. Sometimes though reading acts as a good way to focus my attention so I don't worry quite so much, especially if it's a situation I cannot do anything about until I get to my destination.

Melody said...

Me too! I'd be too worried to read or anything.

Kat said...

I'll still buy something to read to distract myself from worrying. That's what I usually do anyway. :)

Alice said...

I'd be too worried to read. Will not be able to concentrate on anything else and would be praying throughout my journey.