Friday, May 02, 2008

50 TBR Challenge: April

I know...this is sad list. I only managed to read 3 books in April. But since January I have read total of 15 books for the 50 Challenge Books. OMG that is the lowest total books read. I used to read faster and more then this (I use to read like 5 to 7 books each months). The first few years when we started on the 50 Challenge Book, was so much better then the last 2 or 3 years when I begin to have my reading slump. What wrong with me?

What even worse, last night my niece Trish drop a drink all over my TBR piles. Lot of the books was wet but I managed to save them from ruined. Only a few books was ruined, thanks goodness. I guess this is a slap, telling me to read my TBR pile faster and get out of my reading slump hehehe. But I won't read anything else until I get my copy of Anne Starts' Fire and Ice arrives :)

P.S. My good friend Darla is the one who came up with this 50 Challenge Book ideas to the group that we both members of. Please click her name (above) to see her book review :)


Here is the books I read in April (click on the titles to read my reviews):

13. Bodyguard of Lies by Robert Doherty 4 1/2 stars
14. Tangled Up in You by Rachel Gibson 4 1/2 stars
15. Delicious by Susan Mallery 4 1/2 stars

5 comments:

Alice said...

Hi Julia! Sorry to hear about your reading slump and the *GASP* spill on your TBR! Thank goodness you manage to save them.

I've ordered Fire and Ice from BetterWorld.com and now waiting for it to arrive. Please wait for me to read yeah...

I wish you better reading months ahead! Have a good weekend. :)

Darla said...

Hey, Julia--I just started Bodyguard of Lies. I'm enjoying it so far.

Julia said...

Alice - I'm lucky that I managed to save most of my books from getting wet. I (we) promise to wait for you to read Anne Stuarts' "Fire and Ice"...don't worry :)

Oh great Darla! I knew you would enjoy the book, Especially the women are strong ladies. And there Spy hehe. I was wondering how come you have not read it yet hehehe.

Do let me know how you like the book!

Melody said...

Reading slump... it happens to us some times. Hope you'll catch up with your reading!

Julia said...

Thanks Melody - I hope I catch up on it too :)