Friday, August 24, 2012

Knight by Kristen Ashley (Review)

Kristen Ashley
BN ID: 2940033157570
Publisher: Kristen Ashley, via Smashwords
Publication date: 4/8/2012
Sold by: SMASHWORDS - EBKS
Format: eBook
Sales rank: 6,615
File size: 707 KB


Back Blurb
Anya Gage has learned that to get anything good in life, you have to work for it. She has no expectations, no dreams. Then she finds herself at a party where she doesn’t want to be and she meets Knight.

Knight Sebring knows who he is, what he wants and what he likes. And he gets it. But he never expected something as sweet as Anya Gage to wander into his bedroom during a party he did not expect to be having to borrow his phone.

Knight tries to leave Anya to the life she deserves of white picket fences and a man who watches football on Sundays – good, normal and clean. But when Anya comes to his nightclub and finds herself in a situation, he knows someone has to look after her, he can’t fight it anymore and he decides that man will be him. Knight teaches Anya that, just as with the bad, in life you should also expect the good. And he teaches her this by giving it to her. But Knight has a dark past and just as he desires Anya for exactly who she is, he fears when she finds out exactly the man he has become and always intends to be, she’ll leave him for good, normal and clean.


My Thoughts:
I normally like Kristin Ashley books, such as The Dream Man series and Tack's family and friends. But with KNIGHT, of The Unfinished Hero series, I had problem with the dialogues and the writing. I didn't like Knight enough to warm up to him and sometimes Anya could be annoying too. The story was okay but not so great. I think it did get better toward the middle end of the book. This is not one of my favorite but I did enjoy it for what it was. I know others would enjoy this book more than I would, so don't let my review stop you from reading KNIGHT. You would have to read the book, to judge it for yourself. I noticed that Creed story will be told for book #2 of the Unfinished Heroes. I'm looking forward to read the book, and hope it would be better than KNIGHT.

However, my favorite of Kristin Ashley's books are from The Dream Man series, and I really enjoyed them. While these books are repetitive and sometime annoying, I do like them! I recommend anyone to read them if you are fan of first POV, alpha heroes and steamy sex. I'm surprised I enjoyed these series so much, because first POV is not my cup of tea. I love alpha heroes who are strong, wild, tough, outrageous but really soft when it comes to their heroines or their kids.

Grade: 3.5

No comments: